1. Mix together the flour, spices and
bicarbonate of soda.
2. Rub in the butter until it looks like breadcrumbs.
3. Add the sugar.
4. In a separate bowl mix together the egg and golden
syrup then add to the dry ingredients.
5. Mix together until it forms a dough. Tip out onto
a clean, floured work surface and knead for a minute
or two until it is smooth.
the oven to 350°F.
7. Roll out the dough to the depth of a pencil (approx
5mm) and cut out shapes with cookie cutters. If you
want to hang them on tree remember to use a straw to
punch a hole in the top.
8. Lay the biscuits on a greased baking tray and bake
for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
9. Re-cut the hole in the top if it has closed up
and leave on the baking tray until cool. Ice, thread
with ribbon and hang on the tree.